Have you ever heard the term Food Poor? What does it mean to be food poor?
Food Poor or commonly referred to as “food poverty” is defined as ‘the inability to acquire or consume an adequate or sufficient quantity or quality of food in socially acceptable ways, or the uncertainty that one will be able to do so.’ Physicians believe food poverty can have a detrimental impact on physical and psychological well being.
The REACH 702 FOUNDATION, has the privilege to aid our city and residents in need by acquiring and distributing good quality food with a vision to make an impact in local communities on a perpetual basis. We have a system in place to provide 5 meals and one treat for a total of $25.00 per family weekly.
How can you get involved?
You can help by donating needed pantry and household items. You can also help our teamwith food deliveries to multiple communities across the city.
Food distribution is the first phase of the foundation's vision. Our goal moving forward is to help provide:
- Free quarterly health screenings
- Mental Health coaching
- Job training
- Temporary Housing
- AND MORE
Here are five ways to donate to help us reach at risk families across the Las Vegas valley:
- DONATE PRAYERS - Pray for connections, exposure, and community involvement
- DONATE TIME – picking up donations, packaging food for drop offs, distributing boxes. You can also help serve at weekly, monthly, or annual events.
- DONATE FINANCES – CLICK HERE to financially support families in need.
- DONATE ITEMS - We have a few items needed to properly store food pantry items. CLICK HERE to view our wish list.
- DONATE FOOD – CLICK HERE to review our list of needed items for phase one food distributions.
Consider partnering with us to help care for the needs of our growing city. TOGETHER – we can make a difference.